Skip to main content

LaufLog_5k_W07

Bergfest

 

Unspektakulär ist die erste ReCom-Woche verlaufen und damit die erste Hälfte des Trainingsprogramms. Anfangs musste ich mich tatsächlich zurück halten, nicht mehr zu tun, als auf dem Plan stand. Im Nachhinein war ich dann doch froh, dass ich mich eine Woche geschont habe. Die nächsten Wochen werden noch einige Steigerung beinhalten, gleichzeitig werden die Tage kürzer, das Wetter unfreundlicher und meine Beschäftigungsalternativen nicht weniger. Letztere hätten mich am Wochenende fast dazu verleitet den langen Lauf weg zu lassen. Allerdings war es am Abend dann doch noch ganz gemütlich draussen und mittlerweile ist mir die lange Einheit fast schon ein heiliges Ritual. So bin ich dann immerhin für eine Stunde losgestiefelt, obwohl 70 Minuten auf dem Plan gestanden haben. Diese Woche stehen am Ende der Mikroperiode 80min Dauerlauf an, so dass ich da bestimmt noch auf meine Kosten komme. Die erste Woche der zweiten Hälfte war schon mal ein guter Vorgeschmack darauf, was da noch auf mich zukommt. Leider habe ich aufgrund zeitlicher Engpässe dieses mal die ganzen Einheiten auf die letzten drei Wochentage packen müssen, was aus trainingsmethodologischer Sicht vielleicht nicht die Goldrandlösung war. In Zukunft versuche ich die Einheiten wieder etwas gleichmässiger auf die Woche zu verteilen.

Bezüglich des Körpergefühls muss ich zugeben, dass ich noch nicht ganz dort angekommen bin, wo ich mir ein lockeres 90min Läufchen zutrauen würde, ohne nachher erstmal aus den Latschen zu kippen. Als ich noch viel Rad gefahren bin, habe ich mir um Grundlagenausdauer nie Sorgen gemacht. Irgendwann muss ich das Thema wohl angehen, wenn ich mir irgendwann nochmal einen Halbmarathon oder einen anderen Blödsinn, mit weit über einer Stunde Belastungsdauer, antun will. Derzeit schaut es zum Glück nicht danach aus.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learn To Unlearn

Be Brilliant Subject matter expertise has its perks. Being an expert on any field requires deep learning as well as deliberate practice over years and years. The more professional experience you gain the more you'll swap a minimum principle mindset ('What do I need to do to achieve XY?') for a maximum principle ('How much can I possibly achieve with my available resources?'). When I started as a consultant I had a very basic and fragmented knowledge in most of the technical aspects in my subject matter. At the time I was already a certified and experienced supply chain management expert with some merits. However, as the branch I had worked in (military and defence) neither used the latest technology nor had a business model that promoted short development or change cycles in leadership or management, I did not feel 100% competitive. Therefore I faced some serious challenges when I started my career in the private sector.  At the time when I joined a consulting compa...

Friday Retrospective

As a habit  I take my time and sit down every Friday and reflect on the past week. For this task I have a journal where I take some notes. I am not a hundred percent consequential to be honest even though the effects it had on my life are severe. As a standard scheme I ask myself five questions. 1. What was the most important change? For me it was my inoculation, which I had today. It wasn't the event itself, but more the perspective it triggered. The hope to see and meet friends and family, clients and colleagues again some day soon overwhelmed me. I am absolutely convinced that I belong to the lucky ones who benefited tremendously from the pandemic with all its ups and downs, so I don't want to sound self pitying. But like everyone I have been hurting. Hurting to see my kids not being able to visit their Granny, hurting not being able to meet with loved ones far away once in a while. Compared to that the restrictions at work felt miniscule. And now for the first time in 18 mo...

How I Stay Motivated pt 3/3

 #HWBTWTDWH Action and execution are the only means that will move you towards your goals. They will always have a larger stake in the value rendered than any groundbreaking idea, any bulletproof plan, or talent and genius. Don't get me wrong: great ideas, plans and talent are all viable multipliers. However, without execution they will not make any difference. Thus t here's one law to career making and success in business or life in general: Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard . And for the work part, there’s good news: smooth and steady effort is more effective than sporadic strong effort. 'Hard work' thus should not be understood as excessive, over ambitious but sporadic work, but as a steady and sustainable flow of effort over a long period of time. The compound effect will make the difference. It is like throwing dice: It's not about trying to throw the maximum sum with one or a few handfuls. It's about accumulating the desired results over...