Skip to main content

LaufLog2014_5k_W09-W12

Geschafft


Die Selbstdisziplinierung in Form dieses kleinen Blogs und eines einfachen 5k-Trainingsplans hat funktioniert. Ein kleiner Vermuthstropfen ist die Tatsache, dass ich die letzten Trainingswochen hier im Blog nicht mehr wöchentlich dokumentiert habe. Das Nachreichen der Ergebnisse der letzten vier Wochen ist deshalb rein obligatorisch.
Im Grossen und ganzen war das jedoch ein grosser Spass und ich habe wieder zu einer grundlegenden läuferischen Stetigkeit gefunden. Längere Strecken am Sonntag sind jetzt auch kein Graus mehr, von denen ich mich jedes Mal tagelang erholen muss und die intensiven Einheiten machen richtig Spass, da sich auch meine konditionelle Leistungsfähigkeit im oberen Bereich deutlich verbessert hat.

Als nächstes Projekt lauert ab nächster Woche schon der erste 12-Wochen Trainingsplan 10k. Allerdings muss ich mir noch überlegen, welche Spielregeln ich mir vorgebe, da ich zeitlich etwas beschränkt bin und vorerst weder besonders häufig -also öfters als vier Mal die Woche- noch besonders lang, -also über 90min- laufen möchte. Auf jeden Fall werde ich wieder wöchentlich dokumentieren, denn auch diesmal ist ein vorzeitiges Scheitern aufgrund Trägheit, Dunkelheit, Kälte, chronischer Unlust und millionen anderer Vorwände, nicht ausgeschlossen. Am 03.11. geht es los, man darf gespannt sein.

Diese Woche ist jedoch eine Pausewoche mit lockerem Beineschütteln und Sofagammeln angesagt - die Leistungssteigerung kommt ja bekanntlich in der Erholungsphase :-)


Laufdoku Oktober 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learn To Unlearn

Be Brilliant Subject matter expertise has its perks. Being an expert on any field requires deep learning as well as deliberate practice over years and years. The more professional experience you gain the more you'll swap a minimum principle mindset ('What do I need to do to achieve XY?') for a maximum principle ('How much can I possibly achieve with my available resources?'). When I started as a consultant I had a very basic and fragmented knowledge in most of the technical aspects in my subject matter. At the time I was already a certified and experienced supply chain management expert with some merits. However, as the branch I had worked in (military and defence) neither used the latest technology nor had a business model that promoted short development or change cycles in leadership or management, I did not feel 100% competitive. Therefore I faced some serious challenges when I started my career in the private sector.  At the time when I joined a consulting compa...

Friday Retrospective

As a habit  I take my time and sit down every Friday and reflect on the past week. For this task I have a journal where I take some notes. I am not a hundred percent consequential to be honest even though the effects it had on my life are severe. As a standard scheme I ask myself five questions. 1. What was the most important change? For me it was my inoculation, which I had today. It wasn't the event itself, but more the perspective it triggered. The hope to see and meet friends and family, clients and colleagues again some day soon overwhelmed me. I am absolutely convinced that I belong to the lucky ones who benefited tremendously from the pandemic with all its ups and downs, so I don't want to sound self pitying. But like everyone I have been hurting. Hurting to see my kids not being able to visit their Granny, hurting not being able to meet with loved ones far away once in a while. Compared to that the restrictions at work felt miniscule. And now for the first time in 18 mo...

How I Stay Motivated pt 3/3

 #HWBTWTDWH Action and execution are the only means that will move you towards your goals. They will always have a larger stake in the value rendered than any groundbreaking idea, any bulletproof plan, or talent and genius. Don't get me wrong: great ideas, plans and talent are all viable multipliers. However, without execution they will not make any difference. Thus t here's one law to career making and success in business or life in general: Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard . And for the work part, there’s good news: smooth and steady effort is more effective than sporadic strong effort. 'Hard work' thus should not be understood as excessive, over ambitious but sporadic work, but as a steady and sustainable flow of effort over a long period of time. The compound effect will make the difference. It is like throwing dice: It's not about trying to throw the maximum sum with one or a few handfuls. It's about accumulating the desired results over...